Friday, June 02, 2006

Special Poem

This poem was given to me by Skylars Grandma Helen. I wanted to share it with you all!

HEAVENS VERY SPECIAL CHILD By Edna Massimilla

A meeting was held quite far from earth
It was time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the Lord above, "This special child will need much love.
His progress may be very slow. Accomplishment he may not show.
And he will require extra care, from the folks he meets down there.
He may not run or laugh or play,
His thoughts may seem quite far away.
So many times he will be labeled,
Different, helpless and disabled.
So lets be careful where he is sent.
We want his life to be content.
Please Lord find parents who will do a special job for you.
They will not realize right away,
the leading role they are asked to play.
But with this child sent from above,
comes stronger faith, and richer love.
And soon they will know the privilege given,
in caring for their gift from heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild.
Is heavens very special child.


I Love this poem so much, it made me cry, sad and happy tears!
But mostly it made me think of my Sky, and I wouldnt change him for all the
money in the world, there is no other richness needed. I have my precious boy.
And I love him so very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tag at the end Mom... you thought I cried the first time I read it...shoosh. Nice Job I Love you So Much.

Anonymous said...

I love that poem, it is perfect, it puts everything into the right perspective....The Lord has truely given Skylar the perfect parents, your love for him and for each other is beautiful. Little Skylar is in our prayers daily. We all feel like we know him and we have all fallen in love with him. Hope things are going well. Auntie Julie