Thursday, June 08, 2006

Getting Ready To Go Home!!!!


The past few days have been great, I am doing excellent and so are my mommy and daddy. They only have one more class on Monday and we are all done, and my mommy tells me that we don’t have to have 24 hour nursing, YEAH!!!!! They are starting us out on 12 hours a day... I’m sure that will dwindle down pretty fast, before I know it will just be me and my family again!!!!! This week the ENT doctor took out my 3.5 trach and replaced it with a 4.0 trach with out a cuff. That means Ill be able to move air over my trach and make noises and eventually talk. Also this week I had a little camera placed down my trach, they wanted to see if I had a floppy airway. No floppy hear, it looked as normal as normal gets. That basically means I don’t need all this support from my V-Pap. So Monday after my mommy and daddy change my trach tube they are going to lower my settings. And I almost forgot, they took my ND feed tube out and placed it in my tummy, so far so good. And I have been eating food by mouth, so far I am up to 3 to 4 ounces a day, I know it doesn’t sound like much, but everyone keeps telling its great! So hopefully in no time Ill be eating all of my foods on my own. Other then that I get to go home for sure on the 19th, I can not wait!!!!! Thank You so much everyone for all your wonderful thoughts, wishes and prayers Love Skylar

No comments: