Friday, June 30, 2006

Love Being Home





This week we had a journey to Children’s for Skylars 3rd echo. The last 2 were normal and so was this one. Now we are just waiting for his doctor to call and let us know when he can stop taking the heart medication. I did some research on this heart med, and let me tell you its some nasty stuff! It can cause low iron, acid reflux and a bunch more. So once that goes away we should be able to lose the antacid and extra iron.Other then that Skylar is doing very well at home; he is making lots of sounds and forming words. This morning I woke up to him saying mama from his crib! What an awesome way to wake up!!! We still have the nurses, but its pretty low key. I guess they want to see if I burn out or not taking care of Sky. Little do they know me, this isn’t a hard job it’s normal to care for your child. So ill humor them for a few more weeks.Skylar doesn’t have to go back for another check up until the 28th of July, so that will give me some time to work on his muscle tone. I hope to have him doing pretty good at our next appointment!

1 comment:

Little Bug said...

Love the pictures guys!!! Skylar looks like he's ready for a trip to Hawaii!!! I bet the whole family could use some good ol' beach time, huh?? We are still fighting the cold crud around here. Randy is gone and won't be home until next Thursday or Friday. What a bummer that he has to miss Connor's first 4th of July!! So glad to hear that the echo was normal and you are on your way to getting rid of more meds. He will thrive more and more once he's off all that stuff. You're a great mom Sheila and I admire your tenancity with your kids!!! Say hi to everyone for us and lots of lovebug hugs.
Randy, Lori and Little Bug