Sunday, June 11, 2006

One More Week


One more week!!!! Skylar and I are getting so excited, we will be home soon! Thank God!!!! This has been a very long stay and we miss our family and home so much… Skylar is doing awesome! He has started to make noises around his new trach today, no words that can be heard just noises. He is such a strong little guy; I am amazed by him more and more every day! I know that it’s just going to be a mater of time before he is where he was before getting the flu. He has such an amazing personality, that it is reassuring as to what he can do and over come.

This week is going to be a busy one, Keith and I have to finish up our last class Monday morning, we have to change Sky’s trach. I was a little freaked out about it, but I know it will be fine, and we will handle it well. Tuesday we get to meet all the nurses that will be coming to our home to help care for Skylar, that sounds like it is an all day event. I’m still not sure about all the nurses, but I have learned that how much care we get is up to us once we are home. So I’m sure there will be changes made. Thursday we have to be at the house for all of Skylar’s equipment to get there, we have to put them where they need to be, check them all and learn how to run a few. Wednesday and Friday are fun days, Keith and I get to load Skylar up in a buggy and take him around outside and the hospital. And the big day Monday the 19th, load the car and run as fast as we can!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great news this is!!!! I stopped in yesterday and you guys weren't there... that's ok, probably busy planning to go home. So Skylar and I hung out for a little while! You guys are all going to do so great at home! I'll stop in on Monday and say my goodbyes... Love, Melanie