Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Doing Great


Well this is day 5 down stairs and I’m doing great! They have taken out my pick line and adjusted me to a bi-pap machine. My blood work has been outstanding, and I’m able to work out and move allot more down here. I have OT/PT with my mommy everyday at least 2 times. My mommy and daddy have been in classes on how to care for a child with a trach and they are doing awesome! They gave me a bath this morning and did all of my trach care for me, instead of the nurses. Also my mommy has learned how to do suctioning, (YEAH) now I won’t have to wait to get the goobers out, she can do it. There’s lots more they will have to learn, but I’m sure they will do great! The doctors are working with me and my bi-pap settings, they think that I will only need to be on the bi-pap at night or during naps, that makes me very very HAPPY! Also this weekend I was having little tastes of food and when my mommy put the green beans in my mouth I swallowed them down! So Thursday I will have a swallow test done where they watch me swallow on an x-ray, so wish me luck!!!!! I sure can’t wait to start eating normally again. So all is going very well, I hope to be home in less then 3 weeks!!!!!!!! Thank You for all your thoughts, love and support Skylar

2 comments:

Little Bug said...

Way to go Bug!!! I'm so glad that you are doing great on the floor. I know our moms worry about how we're going to do when we graduate to this floor business, but hey, we do awesome, right!!!! What more can you expect from the cutest little bug bros in the world. I'm pretty sure you'll be the first to get sprung from this place so you keep doing good bug, OK!!!
Lovebug Hugs,
Little Bug

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad to hear that things are going well! I have been checking everyday that I am off, hoping that things are going smooth! Hang in there Skylar! You are so brave and strong! And very lucky to have such a wonderful family! I will be visiting soon! Take care and Best wishes!
Nurse AMANDA