Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WOW


I can not believe that one year ago today Skylars journey started at Childrens Hospital. The flu had made him so sick and his breathing was not right so I took him to the doctors office and from there we drove into Seattle for what we thought would be a few days stay. Boy were we ever wrong about that. That cold and flu season was so damaging to our Skylar, he endured a 3 month stay at Childrens, only returning home with a trach. As many of you know we were not impressed with our care there, and still one year later are more then bitter about it. They say time heals all wounds, but I still feel like my heart was ripped out and so much was taken from us.But instead of making this a bad day, I need to be so very very thankful that Skylar has been strong this flu season and I need to be thankful that he is indeed home with his loving family, pets and of course all the Spongebob he can stand.He has come along way, but there are many more ant hills for us to climb, inch stones to make... He is just the most amazing little boy, happy all the time (unless teething) he sings and babbles, and speaks his words when he wants to. Were working on mouth strengths, playing with our tongue and making silly noises all the time, they say it helps with speech and swallow... Were working on trunk strength and head control too. Ive learned a few tricks from our PT lady Hutch, and I must say they are pretty cool. Its amazing what a slight tickle or touch can do.So were good and we are so very blessed for the beauty I see everyday in my Skylar. His such a gift. Skylar has taught us all so much, patients, understanding and the most important unconditional love. So today I guess Im happy, and saddened all at the same time, thankful for whats been given to me and distraught by whats been taken away. But regardless, there is one thing that has and will always remain unchanged, thats the love I have for my baby bug!

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

he is lucky to have such a wonderful parents! you can see how much he is loved in his pictures he glows!