Friday, March 23, 2007

Sky's update

Today Skylar has PT at 10:00, we picked out a new bath chair and Im going to order it today (yeah)... We have been working on Skylars legs allot, his right foot likes to turn in and his hips like to sway out, so Ive been doing allot with positioning him and stretching the past week. We will see if they think its an improvement or not. Unfortunately, I can only do so much, because he dosent use his legs its hard to keep them in normal alignment. So on April 9th we are having a lady come out and see if AFO's are something that could help correct this. Im sure they are going to say yes, its kind of hard for me to welcome the thought of something else. But I know that the AFO's will help, and once they have corrected the minor flaws in his legs we can start looking into getting him in a stander...

Skylar is so vocal in our new home, he sings all the time it seems. I Love to hear his voice. He is doing very good, and I am so proud of him.

We get our last RSV shots on Monday, (yuck)... but I think they help. I just wish they weren’t so many shots.

And we are all getting excited for Chandler and Skylars Birthdays on the 4th. We will be having a party for them both on the 14th, more info on that later.Other then that Skylar is doing great, he is happy and gaining strength!Big Bug Hugs Sheila

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

I don't like the getting the shots either! they seem to hurt and go into the muscle poor baby! I planned Izabells last shot the day before we fly out to the conference so hopefully that will offer her some extra protection on the plane. She has to wear a mask on the plane (wish us luck with that!) I love the picture with him in the sun glasses! He is such a handsome guy! I hope that therapy goes well and they offer the best choices for his legs. I know that it is hard to have them in braces and sorts. Izabell was in a pavlick harness for a while for her hip dysiplasia spell totally wrong sorry (DDH) but they have helped out alot and avoided surgery for her, I know his is for a different cause But if you want to vent or cry don't hesitate emailing or calling. I looked and can't find your email but I would love to share numbers with you, not on the blogg of course:) he is looking very good and is so lucky to have such a devoted mommy! and family to help him with every step! He is always in our prayers
much love wyndi and izzy