Wednesday, October 04, 2006

18 Months Today





Wow Skylar has had one crazy and heart felt 7 months, he has been diagnosed with a horrible disease and been hospitalized and is now over coming a v-pap machine and rebuilding strength.It’s a slow long road, but its one he is succeeding at, everyday there is something new he is doing or trying, everyday there is room for more... He is simply amazing.... There is something about Skylar, something deep within that lets me know he will overcome all he is facing and he will be alright. My one and only wish for Skylar is a cure, and Im sure anyone with a baby with SMA would have the same wish.There are little things that are cherished so much, when Skylar says something, it is so wonderful. The other day he said bye dad, and Keith and I were in tears. He knows how to talk and he knows the words, its getting them up over his trach and threw his vocal cords that takes a bit of work, but he does it when he wants. I just hope it increases; I want to hear my little man cry when he is sad, and I want to hear him laugh when he is happy and I want to hear the words that I know he holds onto so well.I have to say; with everything Sky has been through he is such a happy, lovable, care free love bug.... He has a smile that just melts my heart.

No comments: