Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July Celebration

The manly way to light your fireworks, no punks required!






Our day started out normal, kids playing games, dog lying on the floor, Sky playing with toys. The fun began with a balloon toss with Monica and myself in the yard. I think I won, because I didnt get wet. Then it was a yummy feast, BBQ chicken, burgers, mac salad and ice cream treats. The kids were all buzzing as it started to get dark, so out we went. I learned fast that the new sparklers are not so great! I helped Sky hold his first sparkler tonight when I noticed these babys really give off a spark. Well it came down to a little hole in the pooh blanket. So no more of that, Skylar was good just watching and so was I. Everyone seemed to have fun. It took our little bug a total of 2 mins to fall asleep after the nights events, he loved the colors and the sparks. It was a GREAT day!

1 comment:

Little Bug said...

Hi guys,
I'm glad your 4th was so much fun. We discovered the same exact thing with the "new" sparklers. I don't know why they can't just leave well enough alone!!! Thanks for your messages today on the blog. Randy will be home tomorrow so we are going to celebrate all over again.
Off to bed with Little Bug. Have a great Wednesday!!!
Lori